The Real Banking Inquiry
Bailing out the self serving commercial banks destroyed this country.
• €70bn bail-out, paid by us
• State pension fund pillaged by €21bn
• Debt to GDP: 2008 – 25%, 2014 – 123%
• National debt now €203bn
• €8bn per year interest on the debt
• Resulting, Austerity, Property Tax / Household
charge, Water charges
• Essential Services in chaos
• Ireland now controlled by the EU & creditors
Let’s ensure we are never deceived and held to
ransom in such a way again.
Help us introduce a Public Banking System to
Ireland that works for the people.
Spread the word.
Support The Public Banking Forum of Ireland
and make Public Banks a reality in Ireland.
Tel 087-254-5548 or 086-329-6806
Please promote Public Community Banking - banking can be different and better.
Alex Templeton speaking at ECOBATE - UK - 2013
Councils should "bring local banks into being" so they can become "powerful partners" and promote economic, social and environmental benefits to their communities.Published on Mar 21, 2013 Speaking at the 2nd European Conference on Banking and the Economy (ECOBATE) in Winchester, Alex Templeton, Director of the Farm Energy Project, explains how a disfunctional financial system has made it harder to lend to small businesses which in turn impacts communities.