Friday 27th June Irish Examiner A system of regional publicly owned banks with a focus on lending to the SME sector could play an important role in restoring faith in the banking system and supporting economic growth, according to a leading expert. Niclaus Bergmann, who is the managing director of the German-based Savings Banks Foundation for International Co-operation, was in …Read more »
Monthly Archives: June 2014
Jan 7th 2013 – © Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved An alliance between credit unions and the post office network could provide the most innovative and far- reaching initiative in Irish retail financial services for more than a generation. The contraction of the Irish banking network is irreversible and gaining in momentum. The footprint of the bank networks has already …Read more »
Article by Paul Gosling 5 June 2014 Ireland has one of the world’s largest credit union sectors, per capita. While the movement is perceived to have been around for generations, the first credit union in the Irish Republic was actually started in 1956. Its roots were firmly in a co-operative movement, with co-operatives established in Dublin to promote jobs and economic …Read more »
Economist Jim Power says the ideas of independents and those who question austerity, etc, scares the living daylights out of him (Irish Examiner, May 28). He hopes all will return to normal and by 2016 the people will continue to go with the status quo of political parties. In 2008, when the bankster-engineered crash hit, not all of the people …Read more »
- The actually cost of sustaining the current financial system.
- Two Political Parties now supporting/promoting the Public Banking Proposal.
- The Greek Debt Is a Swindle—So Is the Entire Transatlantic Financial System, Sink It to Stop WWIII
- Public banks with focus on SME lending proposed – John Walsh, Business Editor – Irish Examiner.
- A post-bank alliance with social credits – Prof Ray Kinsella
- How Irish credit unions are holding up against the financial crisis
- What We Could Do with a Postal Savings Bank: Infrastructure that Doesn’t Cost Taxpayers a Dime
- The truth is out: money is just an IOU, and the banks are rolling in it.
- Should Ireland exit the euro zone? Prof. Ray Kinsella – May 20, 2013
- Banking Union Time Bomb: Eurocrats Authorize Bailouts AND Bail-Ins by Ellen Brown
- Insider warns that more banker assassinations are coming
- German savings banks – a model to follow?
- Bank refuses to give customers their money unless they can prove a good reason for needing it.
- Green Party UK: “The power to create money must be removed from private banks”
- 10 year old explains where money comes from.12-year old explains world debt
- The Case for Parallel Public Banking Institutions
- How much has Ireland paid for the EU banking crisis?
- Impeachment of Paddy Quislings
- “A blueprint for a new, working, banking system for Ireland” By James Deeny
- Ireland in 2014 a BA -NAMA Republic, a land devoid of democracy. By Thomás O Cléirigh
- SME fightback hobbled by financing shortfall – The Examiner
- Overthrow the Speculators by Chris Hedges
- A heavy price for banking failure – David McWilliams
- PUBLIC BANKING FORUM OF IRELAND: PRESS RELEASE.
- Ireland Exits Troika Bailout To Prepare For Bail-ins:
- Minister of State launches consultation on Local Community Banking
- Proposal on rescuing Ireland’s distressed mortgage-holders and small businesses by the PBFI – Feb 2017
- Shelter from the Storm
- Iceland Did Things Differently and …