Read full article on Ellen Browns Blog Web of Debt September 23, 2013 by Ellen Brown The Unbanked and Underbanked: A Massive Untapped Market The “unbanked” are not a small segment of the population. In a 2011 survey, the unbanked and underbanked included about one in four households. Without access to conventional financial services, people turn to an expensive alternative …Read more »
Monthly Archives: April 2014
The Bank of England’s dose of honesty throws the theoretical basis for austerity out the window. David Graeber theguardian.com, Tuesday 18 March 2014 ‘The central bank can print as much money as it wishes.’ Photograph: Alamy Back in the 1930s, Henry Ford is supposed to have remarked that it was a good thing that most Americans didn’t know how banking …Read more »
Read full article on Irish Examiner Website THERE are three reasons why a managed exit by Ireland from the eurozone is the most urgent economic priority. But first consider this reality. The German finance minister, under whom the euro was launched, Oskar Lafontaine, earlier this month called for its break-up. He asserted “the current policy is leading to disaster”. …Read more »
Read full article on Common Dreams website On March 20, 2014, European Union officials reached an historic agreement to create a single agency to handle failing banks. Media attention has focused on the agreement involving the single resolution mechanism (SRM), a uniform system for closing failed banks. But the real story for taxpayers and depositors is the heightened threat to their pocketbooks of …Read more »
- May 2018
- November 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- June 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- The actually cost of sustaining the current financial system.
- Two Political Parties now supporting/promoting the Public Banking Proposal.
- The Greek Debt Is a Swindle—So Is the Entire Transatlantic Financial System, Sink It to Stop WWIII
- Public banks with focus on SME lending proposed – John Walsh, Business Editor – Irish Examiner.
- A post-bank alliance with social credits – Prof Ray Kinsella
- How Irish credit unions are holding up against the financial crisis
- What We Could Do with a Postal Savings Bank: Infrastructure that Doesn’t Cost Taxpayers a Dime
- The truth is out: money is just an IOU, and the banks are rolling in it.
- Should Ireland exit the euro zone? Prof. Ray Kinsella – May 20, 2013
- Banking Union Time Bomb: Eurocrats Authorize Bailouts AND Bail-Ins by Ellen Brown
- Insider warns that more banker assassinations are coming
- German savings banks – a model to follow?
- Bank refuses to give customers their money unless they can prove a good reason for needing it.
- Green Party UK: “The power to create money must be removed from private banks”
- 10 year old explains where money comes from.12-year old explains world debt
- The Case for Parallel Public Banking Institutions
- How much has Ireland paid for the EU banking crisis?
- Impeachment of Paddy Quislings
- “A blueprint for a new, working, banking system for Ireland” By James Deeny
- Ireland in 2014 a BA -NAMA Republic, a land devoid of democracy. By Thomás O Cléirigh
- SME fightback hobbled by financing shortfall – The Examiner
- Overthrow the Speculators by Chris Hedges
- A heavy price for banking failure – David McWilliams
- PUBLIC BANKING FORUM OF IRELAND: PRESS RELEASE.
- Ireland Exits Troika Bailout To Prepare For Bail-ins:
- Kiwi(Post)Bank model can secure Irish Post Office Network’s future.
- “Kiwi(Post)Bank Model would work in Ireland”
- PBFI Newsletter – Nov 2017 – Community/Public Banking
- PBFI Statement/Proposal on the Future of Post Offices and An Post: 28-8-17
- The Central Banking Narrative Has Collapsed!