Irish Independent CHARLIE WESTON PERSONAL FINANCE EDITOR – 17 APRIL 2012 Regulators feel that 407 separately owned and run credit unions is far too many. The move to encourage mass mergers among the lending co-operatives could see their number fall to as few as 250 over the next three years, although no official figure has been put on the number of …Read more »
Monthly Archives: February 2014
www.examiner.com Kenneth Schortgen Jr., Finance Examiner Wednesday, 05 February, 2014 “However, on Feb. 5, an insider and former head trader for a top banking firm issued a warning that new information is out which shows that ‘hit squads’ have been made active in the Wall Street area, and that a high level banker tied to recent investigations into Forex manipulation, along with up …Read more »
By Simon Rose on December 11, 2013 Read full article Save Our Savers UK Focus on real economy Although Germany has big banks with famous names and international reputations, the majority of business financing is carried out by the decentrally organised banking groups of which savings banks are a substantial part. The Savings Bank Finance Group has roughly 42% share of business financing, …Read more »
By Greg Allen, banking and finance consultant with GDA Consulting Aug 3, 2010 Financial regulator Matthew Elderfield and Kieron Brennan, chief executive of the Irish League of Credit Unions: could getting rid of credit unions be at the back of the regulator’s mind? Credit unions will vanish from Ireland over the coming years. A familiar pattern will emerge of small …Read more »
Read full article dailycaller.com 2014/01/29/ International bank HSBC has been restricting its customers from withdrawing large sums of cash if they can’t provide a good enough reason for why they need it. The policy was brought in to effect in November 2013 , but customers were not notified of it. The rule was uncovered after the BBC’s “Money Box” program began investigating complaints by …Read more »
WRITTEN BY POSITIVE MONEY ON NOVEMBER 26, 2013. POSTED IN ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH & EDUCATION, PARLIAMENT & LEGISLATION One of the key paragraphs: EC661 The Green Party believes that, as the means of exchanging goods and services, the stock of money is a vital common resource which should be managed in the public interest. Yet only 3% of our money supply currently exists in the form …Read more »
- The actually cost of sustaining the current financial system.
- Two Political Parties now supporting/promoting the Public Banking Proposal.
- The Greek Debt Is a Swindle—So Is the Entire Transatlantic Financial System, Sink It to Stop WWIII
- Public banks with focus on SME lending proposed – John Walsh, Business Editor – Irish Examiner.
- A post-bank alliance with social credits – Prof Ray Kinsella
- How Irish credit unions are holding up against the financial crisis
- What We Could Do with a Postal Savings Bank: Infrastructure that Doesn’t Cost Taxpayers a Dime
- The truth is out: money is just an IOU, and the banks are rolling in it.
- Should Ireland exit the euro zone? Prof. Ray Kinsella – May 20, 2013
- Banking Union Time Bomb: Eurocrats Authorize Bailouts AND Bail-Ins by Ellen Brown
- Insider warns that more banker assassinations are coming
- German savings banks – a model to follow?
- Bank refuses to give customers their money unless they can prove a good reason for needing it.
- Green Party UK: “The power to create money must be removed from private banks”
- 10 year old explains where money comes from.12-year old explains world debt
- The Case for Parallel Public Banking Institutions
- How much has Ireland paid for the EU banking crisis?
- Impeachment of Paddy Quislings
- “A blueprint for a new, working, banking system for Ireland” By James Deeny
- Ireland in 2014 a BA -NAMA Republic, a land devoid of democracy. By Thomás O Cléirigh
- SME fightback hobbled by financing shortfall – The Examiner
- Overthrow the Speculators by Chris Hedges
- A heavy price for banking failure – David McWilliams
- PUBLIC BANKING FORUM OF IRELAND: PRESS RELEASE.
- Ireland Exits Troika Bailout To Prepare For Bail-ins:
- The Central Banking Narrative Has Collapsed!
- Minister of State launches consultation on Local Community Banking
- Proposal on rescuing Ireland’s distressed mortgage-holders and small businesses by the PBFI – Feb 2017
- Shelter from the Storm