PUBLIC BANKING for IRELAND SEMINARwith Dr. Thomas Keidel & Christopher Simpson took place on 27th February 2014 Green Isle Hotel, Dublin.
Dr Thomas Keidel - Seminar audio + Q & AClick here to listen to Dr Thomas Keidel from the German Public Savings Bank Group speaking at the Seminar on 27-2-14 in Dublin. Followed by excellent 40 minute Q & A session.
Christopher Simpson - Seminar audio + Q & AClick here to listen to Christopher Simpson of Simpson Associates & CIVITAS UK speaking on his Commentary & Case Study of the German Public Banks at the Seminar on 27-2-14 in Dublin. Followed by excellent 30 minute Q & A session.
E-mail the PBFI at email@example.com
Click here to contact the PBFI by e-mail
Banking in the Public Interest
Public Savings Banks are1. Operated on commercial principles with the aim of maximising sustainable lending and not on maximising profits.
2. Operated on the Principle of “Local deposits into local loans” keeping capital in their own area.
3. Surpluses remain with the Bank & within the region: Profits are used to increase equity and for non-profit purposes (the public benefit principle).
4. Banned from engaging in financial speculation.
5. Only allowed to lend only to local people and businesses in its designated catchment area.
6. Controlled by stakeholders from the local community.
7. Independent of political influence and control.
8. The Joint Liability Scheme provides protection for all Savings Bank Branches.
Information on Dr. Keidel & C Simpson can be found in the Public Banking Section
PUBLIC BANKING IS A NO BRAINER FOR IRELAND.
Welcome to the PBFIFÁILTE.
The PUBLIC BANKING FORUM OF IRELAND was set up in June 2012 to bring home to Irish people that NOT ALL BANKING IS THE SAME.
Private banking is for the benefit of corporations and individuals. Public banking is for the benefit of all of the people.
Welcome to the PBFI website where you will find a lot of information on a wide range of related matters. You are invited to study the contributions, postings and links. Hopefully you will learn the essence of public banking and how it can change banking for ever in this country.
Dr. Ellen Browns book PUBLIC BANK SOLUTION is a superb read and an essential reference. Please visit her website for a vast amount of information and reference material. The Public Banking Institute in the US is working to deliver public banking services in more than 20 states. The PBFI has contacts in Costa Rica, America, Denmark, Germany, England, Wales, Scotland and Switzerland.
THE PBFI NEEDS AND WANTS YOUR SUPPORT.
- ” the successful model of the German Savings Banks will be transferred directly to Greece .”
- German public savings bank sets up 40 branches in Greece
- Post offices are too successful to be allowed survive, it seems. Liam Fay:
- Michael Noonan is sending a signal out to Europe that Ireland can use another bank
- Commission calls for mass mergers among credit unions
- Insider warns that more banker assassinations are coming
- German savings banks – a model to follow?
- Want to avoid credit union risk? Get rid of credit unions.
- Bank refuses to give customers their money unless they can prove a good reason for needing it.
- Green Party UK: “The power to create money must be removed from private banks”
- Post Office Bank Concept Gets Big Boost
- Enough Is Enough: Fraud-Ridden Banks Are Not L.A.’s Only Option
- Britain needs German-style banking to reignite growth
- PUBLIC BANKING IS A NO BRAINER FOR IRELAND
- Co-operative banks may be the way forward – by Brian Lucey TCD
- 10 year old explains where money comes from.12-year old explains world debt
- How the Canadian government used to borrow from its own central bank
- Vermont moves forward on public banking!
- The Church of England is also in the process of setting up a Credit Union
- ‘European banks are technically bankrupt’
Dr. Ellen Brown JD
Ellen Brownedeveloped her research skills as an attorney practicing civil litigation in Los Angeles.
In Web of Debt, she turns those skills to an analysis of the Federal Reserve and “the money trust.”
She shows how this private cartel has usurped the power to create money from the people themselves, and how we the people can get it back.
Ellen gave three presentations in Ireland in Oct 2013, see her tab for details.
She is currently running for California state treasurer on the Green Party ticket.
The German Sparkassen
The German Sparkassen Public Banking System has a 200 year history of success.
"Britain should break up the big banks and create German-style local banks to serve the real economy rather than engage in financial speculation." CIVITAS UK Press release.